Victim Notification Program
VINE stands for Victim Information and Notification Everyday. If you are the victim of a crime or a concerned citizen, the VINE program provides the following information over the telephone or online:
- 24 hour access to inmate custody or case information
- The ability to verify the custody of an offender
- Automatic notification to registered users of a change in inmate custody or case status
VINE electronically links a national communications center to the custody information housed in the local jail or state prison. VINE monitors the inmates who are in the custody of, or whose case is handled by the participating agencies. VINE may not monitor inmates held at a municipal jail, police precinct or other police facilities.
Who can use the VINE service?
- Anyone who has been a victim of a crime
- Family members and friends of crime victims
- Victim advocates and victim service providers
- Law enforcement and criminal justice staff and anyone concerned about the custody status of an offender
All telephone calls are free, anonymous and confidential. Registration is free. You can register with the VINE program by calling (877) 846-3435 or visiting the VINE Website.