Fleet Maintenance Assistant Director
- High School Diploma
- Ability to perform general office skills in a quality and time efficient manner.
- Ability to follow instructions, processes, and communicate effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work harmoniously with the public and Agency personnel.
- Ability to work in a normal fleet repair facility and manage day to day activities.
- 5 years’ Automotive experience
- ASE Certifications Required
- G1 Auto Maintenance and Light Repair Certification
- A5 Brakes Certification
- A4 Suspension and Steering
- A7 Heating and Air Conditioning
- A8 Engine Performance
- EVT Certification (Emergency Vehicle Technician)
Normal fleet repair facility conditions. May be subject to frequent interruptions. Normal office hours, but may be required to work overtime when necessary.
Work involves some physical effort, i.e., some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (15-20 pounds); manipulative skills and dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of repair facility equipment.
Tasks may involve extended periods of time working in above normal heat conditions as well as some office settings. Maintain physical ability and stamina to meet position tasks and responsibilities. Physical abilities must be commensurate with the essential functions of the position.
Contact : To apply for this position please complete the application and submit to our Human Resource Division.
The Sumter County Sheriff's Office prides itself with hiring qualified candidates of the highest integrity for all positions. We are an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer who strives to reflect the diversity found in our community.
Human Resources office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 AM-5 PM and staff can be reached by calling (352) 569-1687.
Fax: (352) 569-1633
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled