- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to speak and enunciate the English language clearly.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and remain calm during emergencies.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Have a pleasant and well-modulated voice.
- Ability to effectively communicate information both orally and in writing.
- Normal hearing ability.
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively and determine proper course of action and response.
- Maintain Florida State Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification
- Maintain complete FCIC teletype certification.
- Successful completion of the Communications Law Dispatcher on-the-job training program.
- Maintain and possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
Work is performed in an enclosed area with background noise from radios, telephones, teletype machines and other equipment. Shift work is required, including nights, weekends and holidays. Required to work overtime when necessary, sometimes on short notice. Subject to possible verbal abuse from complainants and frequent exposure to traumatic situations. Long periods of sitting or standing.
Contact : Contact : To apply for this position please complete the application and submit to our Human Resource Division.
The Sumter County Sheriff's Office prides itself with hiring qualified candidates of the highest integrity for all positions. We are an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer who strives to reflect the diversity found in our community.
Human Resources office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 AM-5 PM and staff can be reached by calling (352) 569-1687.
Fax: (352) 569-1633
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled