General office work involving filing, typing, computer entry and retrieval, use of various office machines, and assisting public and other employees with information.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Type a minimum of 35 words per minute accurately.
- Ability to follow instructions and organize own work.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information without compromising confidentiality.
- Ability to use and maintain general office equipment.
- Ability to work harmoniously with the public and Agency personnel.
- Proficiency in English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Become knowledgeable of the Florida Public Records Law and associated state statutes as they pertain to receiving, storing, distributing and destroying public records, and the exceptions thereto.
- Become knowledgeable of juvenile records requirements, and other court ordered record practices, such as the sealing and expunction of criminal records.
- Become familiar with reporting requirements of criminal statistics, and the internal Agency reporting system.
- Working knowledge of the Uniform Crime Reporting standards in accordance with FDLE.
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of the agency's records management system.
Normal office environment. Portion of time is spent in data entry and retrieval from computer. Requires some stooping, bending and lifting items of moderate weight. May occasionally be subjected to verbal abuse by irate citizens. Hours begin at 08:00 and end at 1700. May require overtime or holiday work when necessary.
Contact : To apply for this position please complete the application and submit to our Human Resource Division.
The Sumter County Sheriff's Office prides itself with hiring qualified candidates of the highest integrity for all positions. We are an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer who strives to reflect the diversity found in our community.
Human Resources office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 AM-5 PM and staff can be reached by calling (352) 569-1687.
Fax: (352) 569-1633
Deadline for Applying : Sep 24, 2021 12:08 PM